This issue usually occurs due to incorrect settings on your email device/program. The most common settings entered incorrectly in this situation are:
Outgoing / SMTP Settings (sending mail)
- The Outgoing (SMTP) port should be set to 25.
- The Incoming (POP) port should be set to 110 or (IMAP) 143
- SSL Should be disabled or unticked
- Authentication should be set to password using the same login details you entered for incoming settings. (Username is always your full email address)
- Check your password to ensure it is entered correctly.
Although it is impossible for us to support every device and email client, the settings should always be the same. Please refer to our Knowledge base for some common devices.
If you have a different device or are unsure where to enter these, please refer to your device manual or email client help section.
If you're still having problems please call the team on 0330-122-1010 (UK) / 844-411-0200 (North America) or email email@example.com for more information.