Before you start the domain transfer, it’s important to back up any emails or website content as necessary, before starting the domain transfer process. This is very important, as we do not have access to do this for you.
Even when you transfer your domain to us - You still own your domain. We just host it so we can build your website.
Once you're satisfied that this is done, please follow the below instructions:
- Contact the current domain registrar and ask for an Authorization Code (also known as an EPP code)
- You will also need to ask them to make sure the domain is unlocked & privacy is off.
- Once you have this code simply E-mail* it over to us and we can start the transfer process for you.
- You might then receive an E-mail asking you to confirm the transfer, which will need confirming by yourself as soon as possible.
- This process can take between 7-10 days. We'll let you know as soon as the domain name arrives.
- If your domain is locked for transfer, the easiest way around all of this is to consider getting a new domain name whilst the transfer process is completed. We can then re-point your domain once it is with us.
* Please be aware - with some providers if you notice you have an old email address and then change your email, this could lock the domain for 60 days - make absolutely certain you do not have access to the old email before amending.