Before you start the domain transfer, it’s important to save your website content and back up your emails if you have a hosted mailbox on the domain. This is very important, as we do not have access to do this for you.
Even when you transfer your domain to us - You still own your domain. We just host it so we can build your website.
Once you're satisfied that this is done, please follow the instructions below :
- Contact the current domain registrar and ask for an Authorization Code (also known as an EPP code)
- You will also need to ask them to make sure the domain is unlocked & privacy is off.
- Once you have this code simply email* it over to us and we can start the transfer process for you. Be sure to send it as soon as possible because if five days pass without the transfer being completed, a new code will need to be issued.
- You might then receive an email asking you to confirm the transfer, which will need confirming by yourself as soon as possible.
- This process can take between 7-10 days. We'll let you know as soon as the domain name arrives.
- If your domain is locked for transfer, the easiest way around all of this is to consider getting a new domain name whilst the transfer process is completed. We can attempt the domain transfer again once the lock has finished.
* Please be aware - with some providers if you notice you have an old email address and then change your email, this could lock the domain for 60 days - make absolutely certain you do not have access to the old email before amending.