Did you know that we can add a video to your Mettrr website? A video can be used to quickly show your potential customers what you're all about and what you can do for them.
What you'll need
- a camera phone
- good light
- a Youtube or Vimeo account
...and that's it!
What to do
- Film the video on your phone
- Upload it to your Youtube or Vimeo account*
- Send the video link to us
*If you don't have an account already check out this tutorial from Youtube on how to set up a new account.
Ideas of what to film
- A finished piece of work (especially if you are a tradesperson)
- You speaking to the camera about what you do (if you're office-based)
- An event or conference you attended
- A happy customer recommending you to others
Tips to improve your video
- Film the video in landscape (holding your phone on its side) otherwise the video will be the wrong way around when you upload it to Youtube or Vimeo.
- If you can, set aside time to film more than once. Practice makes perfect!
- If you or another person will be speaking try to script what you can, that way it sounds slicker. It's difficult but if your video is free from the speaker saying 'erm' or 'uhh' it sounds much better.
- Keep the camera movement smooth and steady. That way viewers can clearly see what is being filmed.
- Film in a well-lit area, preferably before it goes dark.
- If speaking one-on-one with the camera try to look as though you're speaking to someone sat behind and to the side of the camera. It takes a lot of pressure off the person being filmed and feels a lot more natural for the viewer.
- Try to avoid being funny, it can alienate some potential customers. Keep your video factual and professional.
Even if you don't want to add a video to your site but you have Youtube or Vimeo we can link your account to your website. This will add a Youtube or Vimeo button to your home page.
It's great for your search engine ranking to have external links but just make sure all your videos in the account are appropriate to your business.