Transferring a domain from GoDaddy to Mettrr is not a difficult process but it does take some time. All you need to do is follow the instructions in this step by step guide.
Before we get started there are some important rules to be aware of, they are detailed below. These are not Mettrr rules, they are ICANN rules, ICANN is the company that is in charge of all .com domains globally.
Note: You're not eligible to transfer a domain for a 60-day period after the following events:
• Registering or transferring a domain name
• Updating the registrant contact's organization
• Updating the registrant contact's first or last name and an organization is not listed
For more information, see ICANN's Inter-Registrar Transfer Policy
You can transfer your domain from GoDaddy to Mettrr by logging in or by phoning customer service, this guide explains how to do so by logging into your GoDaddy account.
Step by step guide
1. Verify contact information: before taking any action on the domain it is important to make sure that the contact information on the domain is up to date and correct. The most important part to check is the registrant email address as a code will be sent to this email account, it must be live and accessible by you in order to complete the domain transfer.
If these details are not correct, you can find out how to update your contact information here.
2. The next thing to do is to unlock the domain in question, to do this take the following steps:
a. Go to the Domain Settings page.
b. On the Domain Settings page, under Additional Settings, click the Edit link next to Domain lock.
c. Click the toggle to Off.
For more detailed instructions click here.
3. Get in touch with Mettrr. You now need to contact Mettrr to initiate the transfer, you can do this by calling customer service or by sending an email to email@example.com requesting that we initiate the transfer process.
4. Log into the domain administrators email. You should have received an email to the email address you confirmed in step 1. You need to open this email and accept the transfer. If you do not accept this transfer within 5 days it will automatically accept it on your behalf.
It takes roughly 7 days for the domain transfer to complete from you accepting the transfer, once again this is an ICANN rule and not something we can speed up.
You will also receive a confirmation email once the domain transfer is complete.