In order to put a PayPal button on your website, there are certain steps you need to take first to allow you to take payments for your business.
This step-by-step guide will show you what you need to do on the PayPal website. We also have a video guide too.
N.B. If you already have a PayPal account then you can ignore this article and head to the “Create a PayPal Payment Button” article instead.
1. The first thing you need to do is to open the PayPal website here
2. Now select a business account and hit continue
3. Put in your email address and hit continue
4. Now fill out this form with your relevant business information, hit “agree and continue”
5. Select the relevant business type in the drop down
6. Start typing an applicable product or service
7. Put your website address into the business URL box and hit continue
8. Select and nationality, date of birth and confirm home address
9. Now you need to select how you would like to process payments, we suggest you select the option that allows you to take card payments, it looks like this:
10. Now you want to select “Option B”. The one that is labelled “create payment buttons using HTML” and hit “Create payment button”
11. You should now be on the “Create a PayPal Payment Button” page that looks like this:
If so, please go to the Create a PayPal Payment Button article